What qualities should you look for in an insurance adviser to make sure you’re getting the best products and service for your situation?
A good insurance adviser always:
1. Puts your needs first. An adviser who listens carefully to what you say and goes to work for you – taking the time to make sure you have the right products and insurance mix for your needs.
2. Knows the insurance market. A good insurance adviser will be able to understand the ins and outs of a comprehensive selection of insurance products and services to meet your individual needs.
3. Has the ability to explain things clearly. Coupled with the ability to listen and empathise, a good adviser should take the time to explain, in plain English, exactly how a policy works, what it covers and how it pays out, as well as any technical terms and other questions that may come up.
4. Responds to your calls. You should be able to get hold of your adviser easily – with a timely response to calls and questions – both before and after you’ve signed up for your insurance.
5. Understands the technical details. It’s vital that an insurance adviser understands the legal requirements, policy limitations and disclosure obligations of the products they recommend, to make sure you have the best outcome when it comes time to make a claim.
At Insurance People, we know what makes a good insurance adviser, which is why you can feel confident that you get the right help to make sure you get the right insurance for you. Call…